12 April 2009

Project 365: Day 043

Our friends invited us over for dinner tonight at their lovely home. They have recently acquired baby chicks. There were a couple of yellow and mostly black tiny chicks. They were so cute and soooooooooo soft! They are still living in the house under the heat lamp for now. These will be laying brown eggs in the near future. 'Twas a delightful Easter surprise for me.

This Easter was also interesting as we attended our first ever Passover Seder. We were told we had the merciful cliff notes version. It was very interesting to participate and enjoy the kids getting into it. All I can say is that potato pancakes and matzah ball soup are waaaaaaaaaaay worth the wait. I had never had matzah ball soup before but it was totally yummy. Matzah balls are super filling as they seem to expand in your tummy much like hushpuppies. I definitely have a new addition to my comfort food list. Yum!

4 comments:

TERI REES WANG said...

How sweet for you to be able to experience a slice of tradition with a dollop of a surprise on top!
Those are my favorite kinds.

Unknown said...

Mmm...potato pancakes. Yum!

And Miley Cyrus has been a Disney force for a few years now. I HATE her other music and have done my fair share of "Wow, these lyrics must have been really hard to write" bashing, so imagine my chagrin when I found out that song was hers.

My husband looked over at me and said, "Wow, you're embarrassed now." Yup.

Anonymous said...

I did a cheater's passover too. I like that its a really inclusive holiday. I had lots of fun and lots of sacrificial lamb!

NONtRENDY said...

eeeek! That little chick is sooo cute!